Numerous people are suffering from hair loss issues and are looking for solutions. I invite you to attend the International Association of Trichologists (IAT) 3-day hands-on introductory classroom training course and to allow me to start your journey into understanding hair loss & scalp disorders, while peaking your potential as a Certified Hair Practitioner.
The Hair Practitioner Certificate Course (HPCC) was originally created by The International Association of Trichologists (IAT), the most well-known and highly recognized trichology association in the world. IAT is a non-profit corporation founded in California in 1974 to promote the study, research and legitimate practice in all aspects of the treatment and care of the human hair and scalp in health and disease.
This course is designed for Physicians, Dermatologists, Health Practitioners, Licensed Cosmetologist, and anyone with an interest in hair loss, the health of the scalp, the science of hair, nutrition, diet, hormones, and chemical processes. This class will teach you to identify the internal and external factors that effects hair loss in women and men. If you are a cosmetologist, you will learn proper care and regime for your clients and become more aware of their hair loss and scalp issues. This introductory class is an overview of the fundamentals of Trichology, connecting the bridge between Cosmetology and Dermatology.
HPCC is designed for individuals who want more in-depth knowledge of the hair, how it is affected by chemical processes and, finally, information about some common hair loss problem The first part of this course is designed to provide you with a working knowledge of the physical and chemical processes of the hair and scalp. We will then discuss how chemical processes to the hair can lead to hair breakage. Finally, we will discuss the most common hair loss problems that can affect the hair. The goal is to give you Trichology knowledge about the hair and scalp so that you can then understand how internal and external factors can cause hair loss and hair breakage.
- Lesson One: Functions and structures of the skin
- Lesson Two: Glands of the skin
- Lesson Three: The chemistry and physiology of the hair
- Lesson Four: Nervous and circulatory support systems
- Lesson Five: Amino acids and bonds in the hair
- Lesson Six: pH
- Lesson Seven: Cystine, cysteine and permanent waving
- Lesson Eight: Coloring and de-coloring
- Lesson Nine: Diffuse hair loss
- Lesson Ten: Genetic hair loss in men and women
- Lesson Eleven: Scarring alopecia
- Enhanced Natural Health Through Nutritional Influences
- Microscopic Lab – Clinical training with volunteer patients
This course consists of:
- A flash drive with 6 webinar lectures by David Salinger I.A.T. – Relevance of pH, Disulphide Bond, Patches of Baldness, the Microscope, Hair and Scalp, and Diffuse Hair Loss
- 3 days face to face classroom learning and practical clinical training
- A detailed workbook
- IAT approved exam
- Certification from the IAT
- Continental breakfast, coffee, tea, and lunch daily
Once you have completed the course, you have the option of taking your exam on the last day of the class under supervision. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive your IAT Hair Practitioner Certificate via Priority Mail a few weeks later.
Tuition Investment: $1,550 and up* Ask about private one-on-one training or group rates. Course materials will be mailed via Priority Mail at least 4 weeks prior to class once you have paid at least 50% of your tuition.
*If you enjoy undertaking this course, you might consider studying the full trichology course leading to certification as a trichologist – a professional that specializes in hair loss and scalp problems. The Hair Practitioners Course will be recognized as prior learning (RPL). A portion of your payment (up to $250) can be credited towards the full Trichology Certification Course should you decide to continue your studies.